Procedure for filling the Online Application Form
The candidates are advised to go through the procedure as detailed below:
- Nomenclature of Schools and Departments
- Eligibility Criteria
- General Requirements
- Instructions to Candidates
- Salary Details
- Benefits other than Salary
- Filling the Application Form
- Selection Process
- Important Notes & Exceptions
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Computer Applications
- Department of Corporate Secretaryship and Accounting Finance
- Department of Fashion Designing
- Department of Journalism & Mass Communication
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Sociology
|Biochemsitry||MSc.PhD (Net/SLET Preferrable)||Fresh or 2 years Minimum Experience||Bsc Biochemistry/Msc Biochemistry /PhD Biochemistry||Assistant Professor|
|Department of Computer Applications||Ph.D. in Computer Science / Computer Applications||Minimum experience -5 years teaching / 2 years Industry in relevant domain.||Passion to teach & great teaching skills
Good knowledge about the core subjects of Computer science
Coding skills in prominent programming languages
Domain expertise Data Science & Machine Learning, Big Data, Cyber Security, Soft Computing, Good communication skills
|Department of Corporate Secretaryship and Accounting Finance||Mandatory Qualification M.Com ., PhD Desirable Quailification: SET/NET||Above 5 years||Domain : Accounting. Income Tax Law and Practice and laws||Assistant Professor|
|Department of Fashion Designing||Ph.d., Completed or Ph.D., Pursuing||Freshers also can Apply||Profile with fullfilled Qualification, Qulaified in NET or SET will be appreciable, Journal Publications, Knowledge in Theory & Practicals, Partcipation of FDP and Workshops, Teaching or Academic Experience if any.||Assistant Professor|
|Journalism & Mass Communication||Ph.D||1 – 5 Years||MA Journalism & Mass Communication, MA Communication, MA Public Relations with PhD||Assistant Professor|
|Psychology||M.Sc Psychology and PhD and NET/SET Psychology||preferably 5 years and above||good academic exposure and experience||Assistant Professor|
|Sociology||M.A Sociology and PhD and NET/SET in sociology||preferably 5 years and above||good academic exposure and experience||Assistant Professor|
- Teaching, evaluation and mentoring of students.
- Guiding PhD students.
- Exploring patent possibilities.
- Collaborating- intra- and inter-departmental and national/ international.
- Promoting SPH activities including student admissions/ internships / placement.
- Possess good communication skills (writing and speaking) in English (must), Tamil, Hindi/ other languages.
- Be a team player and take initiatives.
- Participate and contribute enthusiastically
- Submit the online application highlighting the suitability of your candidature before 20th of June.
- Provide names, designation, emails and mobile numbers of at least 2 references.
- As per SRMIST Norms
- Seed Grant for Research
- Coverage of EPF as per rules
- Free Transportation (to & fro) from Campus to City & vice versa
- Concessional Medical Facility
- Please use Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox browser to fill the form to ensure proper data capture
- Only ONLINE applications will be accepted
- Most forms are self-explanatory
- Ensure that you meet the required eligibility, as on date of submission of the application
- Please note that to fill the main application form, you are required to REGISTER, providing your User Name, Email-id, Password (to be saved for your future use), first and last name. Usage of at least one special character while filling up the form is mandatory
- After registration, a mail with confirmation link will be sent to the Email-id registered. Click on the link which will open the Login Page where the candidates shall use their registered Email-id and Password to fill the application form
- Altogether, there are 7 Sections – Application Details, Personal Details, Qualification Details, Experience Details, Productivity Details, Reference Details and Document Upload. Complete all mandatory fields (* – asterisk marked) and then SAVE your application at the end of every section
- You shall EDIT/ SAVE/ LOGOUT in between Sections until the Portal is ON LIVE. However, after submission (after completing all the 7 Sections filled), you shall edit within 24 hours of time from the time of submission. Else, the data captured earlier would be deemed to be final
- Photo upload is mandatory (Max. size: 1 MB) in jpg format
- SUBMIT the form after completing all sections
- NOTE: After submission, a PDF generated Application Form will be sent to your Email-id registered. Candidates shall send the self-attested copies of the Experience Certificates, Educational Qualifications, Three best Journal Publications, Papers and other documents, as mentioned in the Application Form or wherever desired, with the printed and signed Application.
- All applications will be scrutinized by the selection committee to determine the suitability
- Suitable candidates will have (Online/face to face) Interview before a panel of experts at the initial stage
- The candidates will be assessed on Teaching, Research and other academic capabilities
Those found satisfactory will be called for Presentation/ Personal Interview. Candidates are required to carry the original of all documents along with the application form (duly signed) at the time of personal interview for verification. The important documents to be carried.
- Previous institute relieving order
- UG/PG Degree certificate
- Course Completion certificate – UG and PG
- TN Medical Registration
- PAN Card and Aadhar Card.
- Residential proof and Photo ID Proof.
- Date of birth proof.
- Community certificate
- Resume and Form -16 and
- Copy of articles
Selected candidates will be informed through Email/Post. The decision of SRMIST will be final and binding.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification
- Mere fulfilment of minimum qualifications and experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview or his/her selection
- SRM reserves the right to not fill positions in any of the above and/or any other specialization(s) without assigning any reason
- Candidates called for interview to fill a vacancy may be considered for lower/higher post, at the discretion of the committee
- Depending on the qualification and experience, deserving candidates may be offered a salary at a higher level irrespective of the cadre
- Providing false information, misrepresentation of facts, plagiarism, etc., will disqualify the candidate’s application/ appointment at any point of time
- All rights are reserved with SRM, under the Jurisdiction of the High Court of Madras, Tamilnadu