Procedure for filling the Online Application Form
The candidates are advised to go through the procedure as detailed below:
- Nomenclature of Schools and Departments
- Eligibility Criteria
- General Requirements
- Instructions to Candidates
- Salary Details
- Benefits other than Salary
- Filling the Application Form
- Selection Process
- Important Notes & Exceptions
School of Law
||Minimum of 15 years of teaching experience in University/ colleges, and / or experience in research at the University/national level institutions/industries, including experience of guided successfully at least 2scholars for Ph.D/and published at least 8 papers in singular or as joined authorship in peer group reviewed national or International Journals.
A minimum score as stipulated in the academic performance indicator (API)based on performance based appraisal system (PBAS) set out in UGC REGULATIONS 2010
|Outstanding professional, with established reputation in the relevant field, who has made significant contributions to the knowledge in the concerned /allied /relevant discipline, to be substantiated by credential.|
||A minimum of 8 years teaching and /Research Experience in a position of Assistance Professor or equivalent which shall not include years of research leading to Ph,d Degree.
Publication of at least 5 papers in peer group reviewed National and International Journals and publishing books as evidence of academic contribution or creativity.
A minimum score as stipulated in the academic performance indicator (API)based on performance based appraisal system (PBAS) set out in UGC REGULATIONS 2010.
|Contributions to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology- mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students|
|Asst. Professor||Good academic record with at least 55 % marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed)at the Master’s Degree level, in the relevant subject or an equivalent degree from an Indian/Foreign University.
Qualifying in NET/SLET/SET (Candidates who have been awarded Ph.D Degree in accordance with the grants commission (minimum standards and procedure for award Ph.D Degree) regulations 2009 are exempted).
Candidates who have successfully completed LLM course with one year shell not be considered unless supported and supplemented with M.Phil degree.
- Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills and a demonstrated ability to carry out original and creative research
- Individuals who have demonstrated exceptional abilities in their discipline may also be considered for appropriate positions
- Candidates who are applying on or before March 2019 would be considered for selection.
- Candidates should possess good health. If selected, they may be required to undergo a medical examination and satisfy such medical authority as SRM may prescribe
- As per 7th Pay Commission under SRMIST Norms
- Salary would not be a constraint for deserving candidates
- Seed Grant for Research
- Group Accident Insurance as per University rules
- Financial Support through Professional Development Allowance (PDA) for attending Conferences, Workshops, etc., as per University Rules
- Coverage of EPF as per rules
- Free Transportation (to & fro) from Campus to City & vice versa
- Fee Concession for Children in SRM CBSE School
- Concessional Medical Facility
- Please use Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox browser to fill the form to ensure proper data capture
- Only ONLINE applications will be accepted
- Most forms are self-explanatory
- Ensure that you meet the required eligibility, as on date of submission of the application
- Please note that to fill the main application form, you are required to REGISTER, providing your User Name, Email-id, Password (to be saved for your future use), first and last name. Usage of at least one special character while filling up the form is mandatory
- After registration, a mail with confirmation link will be sent to the Email-id registered. Click on the link which will open the Login Page where the candidates shall use their registered Email-id and Password to fill the application form
- Photo upload is mandatory (Max. size: 1 MB) in jpg format
- SUBMIT the form after completing all sections
NOTE: After submission, a PDF generated Application Form will be sent to your Email-id registered. Candidates shall send the self-attested copies of the Experience Certificates, Educational Qualifications, Journal Publications, Papers and other documents, as mentioned in the Application Form or wherever desired, with the printed and signed Application.
- All applications will be scrutinized by the selection committee to determine the suitability
- Suitable candidates will have Skype Interview before a panel of experts at the initial stage
- Suitable candidates will be called in person to assess their Teaching, Research and other academic capabilities
- Candidates are required to carry the original of all documents along with the application form (duly signed) at the time of personal interview for verification
- Selected candidates will be informed through Email/Post
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification
- Mere fulfilment of minimum qualifications and experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview or his/her selection
- SRM reserves the right to not fill positions in any of the above and/or any other specialization(s) without assigning any reason
- Candidates called for interview to fill a vacancy may be considered for lower/higher post, at the discretion of the committee
- Depending on the qualification and experience, deserving candidates may be offered a salary at a higher level irrespective of the cadre
- Providing false information, misrepresentation of facts, plagiarism, etc., will disqualify the candidate’s application/ appointment at any point of time
- All rights are reserved with SRM, under the Jurisdiction of the High Court of Madras, Tamilnadu